Excursions on St John Virgin Islands
The hugely popular LIME OUT TACO BAR is located in Coral Bay, St John.
Sunday – Friday
11:00am – 5:00pm
2023: Last day is August 18th; Reopening October 8th
~ By Boat is the only way to go ~
Lime-Out, a floating taco bar bobbing on Coral Bay, gets its moniker appropriately because not only you can see this neon lime-painted barge from all around, but it is also from the same creators of the Lime Inn, a popular restaurant and bar on the Cruz Bay side of St John.
A variety of tacos and hand-crafted drinks are worthy of the journey by boat. As you relax on large lily pad green rafts that seat five or six people, servers advance the drink and taco menu to you. You can also choose to lunch or drink at the swim-up bar.
Diners rave about the food as being some of the best tacos on island, whether you choose a slow-braised short rib taco, a ceviche and slaw taco, or Caribbean jerk seasoned tuna taco, you won’t be disappointed.
Since the way to get there is by boat, you can opt for a boat ride just to go to and from Lime Out, or you can make it part of a bigger day out on the water on a charter boat group tour.
Ways to arrive to the Coral Bay taco boat:
- Shuttle by Salt Deck charter – Book Online
- Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- On the :45 of every hour (except the first time at 10:30am)
- First shuttle 10:30am; Last shuttle 2:45pm
- $30/pp plus cash gratuity. Ages 6+ welcome
- Departs from parking area near Johnny Lime/Oasis. On the waterfront, park on the gravel and follow the path, down the steps and to the water.
- John Littlechild
- $30/person round-trip – 727-317-8174 fully qualified and insured
- Departs from Coral Bay Marina, behind the Fire Station
- Rob & Joy of Harmony Charters
- $30/person round-trip – 340-643-7489; 407-619-6369
- Colleen -requests a few days’ advance notice.
- $30/person round-trip – Text Colleen at 340-201-7284
- Dockside Dingy’s – Book Online
- Rent your own dingy to explore surrounding coves of Coral Bay
- $200 half day; $300 full day