Where to get a fresh catch of local fish
You will likely wonder what kind of fresh seafood and fish are available locally on St John’s island and where to get it.
- To be honest, there isn’t a big commercial fishing industry in the U.S. Virgin Islands. In fact, it’d also be doubtful to find such a fish market on St Thomas VI.
- Therefore, there isn’t a local “fish market” or dedicated seafood store to be found on St John VI.
- Other than these few resources we recommend as your best bets to purchase your own fish or seafood to prepare at your St John island villa rental, you’ll find that restaurants and fishing boat charters are the other places to access a seafood feast.
Typical Selections of Seafood from the Caribbean Waters surrounding the USVI
- Caribbean Lobster
Markets on St John for Fresh Seafood and Fish
- Calabash Market, Coral Bay
- Starfish Market, Cruz Bay
Restaurants on St John for a good seafood dinner
- La Tapa
- Mogans Mango
- The Terrace
- Gallows Point Resort Restaurant
- Lime Out Floating Taco Bar
- Westin Resort Restaurant
- Skinny Legs – while otherwise known for their burgers, try Mahi-Mahi on a bed of Josephine’s Greens!
- There are others of course, but those above are popular casual and fine dining options on island in general.
Charters from St John
- If you want to go out to sea to get your own seafood, a boat charter is the way. Each customer can keep up to 20 pounds of their catch of fish per person.